Six Common Causes of Water Damage
Water damage occurs when excess water begins to pool in areas it shouldn’t. There are many different factors that contribute to excess water that cause water damage. When you are aware of what may cause water damage, you can take preventative measures to help ensure you take the proper precautions against leaks or flooding. Additionally, you'll be able to spot a problem as soon as it becomes apparent and minimize chances of additional damage. The more quickly you notice the problem, the less work a water damage restoration company like SERVPRO of Palo Alto will have to do to restore your home or business.
Causes of water damage include:
- Bursting or leaking pipes
- Issues with the plumbing system
- Buildup in areas prone to collecting water, such as crawl spaces, attics and basements
- Faulty or malfunctioning household appliances
- HVACs (Heating, ventilating and air conditioning units) issues
- Natural disasters and other weather-related water problems
If you have a water damage event at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Palo Alto at (650) 800-3448 today!