Fire Damage Prevention Tips and SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Profile
Protecting your residence or business in the event of a fire is of the utmost importance. Having an emergency plan in place is critical to responding during and after the event. The first 48 hours after a fire can make a difference in determining whether to restore, or replace your property and personal processions. SERVPRO of Palo Alto believes in informing our customers the importance of fire prevention with some tips from the National Fire Protection Association.
- Never leave your cooking unattended especially when frying, grilling or broiling food.
- Turn off the stove if you must leave, even for a short period of time.
- Keep portable heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn.
- Inspect electrical cords and replace any that are cracked, damaged or broken.
- Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn.
- Have an escape plan.
SERVPRO of Palo Alto recognizes the importance of being prepared, which is why we provide our customers with an Emergency Ready Profile. Our SERVPRO professionals can assist you in developing an ERP plan which contains crucial information needed in the event of an emergency occurring.
Contact SERVPRO of Palo Alto for more information on fire prevention and restoration at 650-800-3448